Loveland Loves to Read, with William Kent Krueger
Our community is buzzing about the Loveland Loves To Read book selection for 2015. Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger is sweeping off the shelves at the library and at the Book Haven book store. Two Book Club kits for Pricilla’s Shelf are available at the Library. The title is on audio-book disk and is available at One Click, a multi-user source for audio down-loads. A large print edition has been ordered.
Ordinary Grace reveals some social injustice, some coming-of-age of young boys, some sibling rivalry, some dysfunction, some betrayal, woven into an Edgar-award mystery… but wait… people who have read the book can’t stop talking about it. You’ll read the rest!
The Loveland Loves to Read group formed 12 years ago and has continued with the focus of choosing authors who are willing to come to our community and speak to our avid readers. We have become a site where authors are thrilled to be asked to participate in our community of artists. You’ll be delighted to hear William Kent Krueger talk about his writing.
Schedule of events for Loveland Loves to Read, 2015:
- An Evening at the Rialto with William Kent Krueger, Monday September 28, 7pm
Reservations available through the Rialto box office. $5
- Lunch at Biaggi’s with William Kent Krueger, Tuesday, September 29, 11:30am
Reservations call Carol Morganti at 970-613-2000. $30
- Movie Night at the Library: Stand By Me, Wednesday, September 30, 7pm, Gertrude Scott Room.
Stand By Me is a 1986 coming-of-age story, based on a novella written by Stephen King entitled The Body. It is R-rated for language and is approximately 90 minutes. No charge, free popcorn.
- Writing Workshop at the Library, Saturday, October 3, 1-3pm, Erion Room. “Top Five Tips for the Novelist” led by Victoria Hanley. Registration call Carol Morganti at 970-613-2000. $15
Book Discussion Groups:
- Tuesday, September 1, 9am and 6:30pm. Loveland Public Library, Erion Room.
- Wednesday, September 2, 9am. Loveland Public Library, Erion Room.
- Monday, September 29, 11:30am. Chilson Senior Center.
All are welcome to attend.
Enjoy the read!